Cognizant is Hirring For software engineer | Fresher
Cognizant is Hirring For software engineer
All company names, logos, and types are the intellectual property of their respective owners. All company, product, and carrier names used on this Internet site are for identification purposes only.
We are not affiliated with any company/agency/agent whose jobs are published on
we are only fact issuers for task openings
Cognizant is Hirring
- Role: software engineer
- Employee Status: Full Time Employee
- Shift : Day Job
- Travel : No
- Job Posting : Jul 27 2021
- Clearly understand role and competency proficiency expectations for self.
- Demonstrate appreciation of diversity and inclusion in professional interactions.
- Highlight any observable deviations in areas of diversity and inclusion.
- Participate in recruitment processes under supervision.
- Refer new talent for hiring.
- Be a part of mentoring process and start mentoring members under supervision.
- Report any deviations from people practices that do not reflect organizational values.
- Conduct people management processes with fairness, transparency and diligent.
Delivering superior engineering outcomes:
Cognizant is Hirring
- Understand the competency-proficiency role mapping for self.
- Solicit performance feedback and use it to identify proficiency gaps in the remit of the role.
- Update the home manager of any concerns with regards to the responsibilities undertaken in an engagement.
- Help team members articulate project expectations, provide guidance and supervision to deliver the defined tasks.
- Participate actively in responding to requests for help/assistance.
- Proactively engage with members to understand their challenges and direct them to knowledge centers within the community.
- Make judicious and practical commitments while undertaking engineering responsibilities.
- Highlight any dependencies, risks and bottnecks which can influence your commitments.
- Make every effort to ensure your commitments are honored and delivered.
Proactively reach out for feedback from peers and managers.
- Provide reviews and feedback when requested by peers.
- Work out an improvement plan with the managers when applicable.
- Understand the metrics that are relevant for benchmarking different activities.
- Understand the impact of the metrics to the business outcomes of the customer.
- Understand how the metrics are mapped and tracked in the Cognizant system.
Fostering strong competence:
- Clearly understand enablement goals and be able to explain the same to team members.
- Identify the enablement needs of the team.
- Set up strategy and processes for driving competency gap identification and closures at a community level.
- Drive best practices for eliciting competencies and proficiency gaps.
- Set up a plan for closing individual role competence gaps and work towards the same.
- Facilitate participation of team members in various experience building forums.
- Ensure the skill profile and resume are kept current.
- Manage a roster of interview panelists from your team and ensure nominations are load balanced and respect individual constraints.
- Prepare knowledge base for providing engagement related induction to new joiners from engineering community.
- Extend support for helping new community members settle into their new role, including logistical help if required.
- Be accountable for resolving any conflicts transparently and fairly during the performance management process.
- Drive community specific performance management operational processes.
- Keep a tab on the Rewards and Recognition process, rewards granted and works with operations team for required changes.
- Motivate leads and Managers to reward associates in an appropriate and timely manner * Update Resume in HCM and ensure skill profile in MyCareerApp are current.
- Mentor your teams to keep record the skill profile promptly and bring newly acquired skills and competencies to the notice of their home manager.
- Undergoes talent profiling to benchmark the given associate within the Community.
Building Engineering Mindshare:
- Identify ideas that can be converted into reusable assets.
- Contribute towards creating reusable assets.
- Contribute to white papers under guidance.
- Contribute to experience papers under guidance.
- Contribute to case studies under guidance.
Must Have Skills
- Core Java
- data management
- data governance
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world’s leading professional services companies, transforming clients’ business, operating and technology models for the digital age. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world.